Made it Monday (with a twist)

Monday, December 23, 2013

Well today's made it Monday post is mostly just me saying I made it to Monday. The craft we made this week got eaten by the dog. (Note to self: salt dough ornaments are good dog treats... Not sure if they're actually healthy or if acrylic paint is recommended for ingestion though...) 

We have had a crazy week. A lot of highs as we get to spend time with Amy who is home from Uganda. And a lot of lows as we have dealt with sickness, sleepless nights and new discipline issues. But in the midst of it all I have had some sweet moments with my kids this week. 

Matthias is getting so fun and interactive. He is sitting(ish) and rolling and wiggling everywhere and laughs all the time. I feel a little overwhelmed by how fast time has gone and can't believe he is about to be 6 months old! It doesn't help that tonight I put him in 12 month pajamas and he completely filled them out.

(I love this sweet boy!)

Riley got to make some sweet ornaments to give as gifts this week. And even though most of them have been ingested the memory was still sweet. This girl loves to get her hands dirty and create. She also loves to make things for people. I want to continue to encourage this and it gave us a great chance to talk about what we are celebrating this week. 

(My little creator hard at work!)

I shared with her about why we give gifts and are given gifts this time of year. I reminded her that on Christmas we will celebrate Jesus' birthday and that God gave us Jesus and that He is the greatest gift we've ever been given. I told her that we give gifts to people to help them and ourselves remember how much God loves us. 

I know her understanding is limited but I am thankful that when I look for opportunities to share this message with her they are easy to find. God has surrounded us with Himself and I want to teach my children, and myself to see Him more. 

(We did have a survivor that was hanging on our tree.)


We found the tutorial to make these at Mommypotamus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS