simply love

Monday, June 25, 2012

We recently received a sweet gift during a time in prayer together. M and I were praying about a decision we needed to make that would greatly effect our lives and the focus of our time and energy. While I was praying these words came to me:

live simply. love extravagantly

For months I have been wanting focus. A statement to remind myself of daily and to teach our children that helps us remember what we are living for. I know that God has a calling on us as a family and wanted something to keep us united working towards that call.

I love that these words came in prayer. Cause if I am honest, I don't pray faithfully, and on top of that we definitely don't pray faithfully together. This didn't come from hours of consistent prayer life. This came from a desperate place of needing God's direction and help with a decision. Really hoping for a quick yes or no to direct our next steps. But I feel like God gave us more than that answer, he refocused us on the call on our lives.

So there you have it...

live simply. love extravagantly.

A simple phrase with deep meaning, that is still being uncovered. It has been a powerful starting point in a season of simplicity and change. It keeps us grounded in our convictions so that as we make decisions, big and small, we can check them with God's call on our lives. We are commanded to love the Lord with all our heart, soul and strength and to love others as we love ourselves. And we have come to believe that we need to simplify our lives to make that happen.

So this is a launching point. For our lives and for this blog. We have a lot of anticipation for what is to come as we work daily to remember who God is and what He is calling us to as a family. I am excited to (try!) to use this blog as a place to share those things to encourage others and glorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS