Made it Monday: Confession

Monday, January 6, 2014

I have a confession..... that I have a problem.... I am a hoarder.  Not of everything but of one thing...

Yep...glass. That is 59 glass jars/bottles. And that doesn't include the jar from the pasta sauce I used for dinner is on the drying rack. Or the fact that we use mason jars as drinking glasses. 

I think it all started a few years ago with pinterest. After so many pins of ways to reuse them ever single jar had so much potential. And to throw them away just seemed sad and wasteful. I didn't really realize how bad it had gotten until I had Matthew help me gather it all tonight. 

These have taken up space on a shelf in the garage and a cabinet above my fridge since we moved (18 months ago) and the collection has continued to grow. 

Now for a tiny bit of justification I have utilized some of them.  In addition to drinking glasses I have made these:




My mom used to work at a Christian bookstore and passed on some damaged bibles to me so one of those is covered with the book of Matthew and one with the book of Psalms. I have Modge Podge and more bibles hanging out in my craft closet so it is on the priority list to get more of these made.

I also made these way easy vases with some acrylic paint for Riley's first birthday party:




But I am on a mission to not just leave these all on a shelf for another year. Call it a New Year's resolution if you like. So help me by sending some inspiration my way. Or if you'd like a scripture covered wine bottle, let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS